Friday, June 09, 2006

Highest temperature ever on earth

First we talked about the lowest temperature ever on earth was in Russia. Well how about the hottest temperature on record on earth. Where is it located? How hot did it get"and who's the second hottest. Well the hottest place on earth ever was in Africa in El Aziz, Libya in September 13, 1922. The temperature on this day got up to 134ºF. The second highest temperature was set in North America in Death Valley, CA. It was at one time the highest ever on earth, but that record was set 9 years later in Libya. Well anyway the second highest is 134ºFThat'sts some hot weather if you ask me. Even in Antarctica the highest ever temperature was set in January of 1974 when the temperature reach 59ºF at Vanda Station, Scott Coast.

This is just an example of what you'll see on this page Thanks for checking in.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

I believe the hottest temperature for Africa in El Aziz, Libya for September 13, 1922" was actually 136 F.

I had Googled for the info after my son, Matthew, had asked for it and your page popped up first. The second page ( http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2000/MichaelLevin.shtml ) listed it as 136 F, and since you posted Death Valley's temp as 134 F and being knocked out of 1st place by the Libya temperature, I'm guessing the 134 F number for Libya was a typo.

Thanks for putting this type of info up. It is interesting and a great learning experience for kids like Matthew (& their dads).

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Jeff (different) but good name said...

Jeff you are correct.

12:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm it looks like your website ate my first comment (it was super long) so I guess
I'll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog.
I too am an aspiring blog blogger but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any tips for beginner blog writers? I'd really appreciate it.


Feel free to surf to my site ... Bmi Calculator for females

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm gone to convey my little brother, that he should also pay a visit this webpage on regular basis to get updated from most up-to-date reports.

Here is my blog post; diets that work

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home